Fire and EMS Reports will be available from the County of Los Angeles Fire Department Public Records Office approximately two weeks after the date that the incident occurred.
In order to obtain an EMS/Paramedic Rescue Report, you must provide a release form, signed by the victim, as these are considered confidential medical records. The release form is available by calling the Public Records Office at (323) 890-4194. You will need to document the following information on the release form:
1. Date of the incident;
2. Approximate time of day;
3. Address and city of the incident. If you do not know the address, you will need to include the cross streets of the incident;
4. Type of Fire (vehicle, house, commercial building, etc.);
5. If it is a Vehicle fire, include the make, model and year of the vehicle;
6. The responding fire station number, if known
Please include with your request:
1. A check or money order for $5, payable to Los Angeles County Fire Dept.'2. A legal size, self-addressed stamped envelope.'3. All proper information pertaining to the accident.
Send your request to:
'Los Angeles County Fire Department 'Public Records Office'5815 Rickenbacker Road, 'Commerce, CA 90040
If you have any questions, or would like to request a fire report by telephone, please call the Public Records Office at (323) 890-4194. You must provide all detailed information as listed above. This 24-hour English-Spanish message can also provide you with the detailed information you need to obtain a report. At the conclusion of the recording you will be given the opportunity to speak with someone if it is between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. If it is after hours, you will be able to leave a voicemail message, and your call will be returned as soon as possible. All requests will take up to 10 business days to process. For additional information, click here to visit the County of Los Angeles Fire Department website.